My daughter asked me about having an eighties party. She was watching the show "Outrageous Kid's Parties" where they were having an Eighties party. The people on the show spent $30,000 on that party. My daughter even thinks that is stupid.
So she wants to throw a simple eighties themed get together. Luckily for her, her Mamma knows all about eighties cheese! I wouldn't mind having an eighties movie night myself. (man we are so . . .WHITE!) A simple party would have to have a cheesy eighties movie with like, pizza and coke. Every party in the eighties had Coke and Pizza, at least where I was from! Here are my picks for the perfect eighties movie- remember I was only 13 at the end of the 80's so my movie choices may be for younger viewers- what are yours?
5. TEEN WITCH- complete with a rad rap battle and totally awesome music like "I wanna be the most popular girl!" I wanted to dress like Teen Witch so bad! (after she got her popular girl powers)
4. MANNEQUIN- The best dance montage EVAR!! My brothers and I used to dance along. We watched Mannequin on the VCR on a regular basis.
3. FRIGHT NIGHT- My mom had no idea I watched this. I was about 9 and I was hanging out with my older cousin. (it's sad that she passed away recently) She hid my eyes during the scary parts. I watched the movie again recently and it wasn't scary at all.
2. THE WORST WITCH- A movie about a school for witches long before Harry Potter was even thought of. Tim Curry makes it worth watching it.
1. GOONIES!!! HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!